Rummy card game has been one of the most loved games across all Indian households. Rummy is regarded as a brain-teaser game because it needs skills, patience, planning and not to forget the thrill to win! This game gives your brain a healthy dose of thinking, challenges to solve, and creates enthusiasm. While you may know how to Play 13 Card Rummy, have you ever paid attention to the skills you employ while playing the game to win it? You would be surprised to know that, this simple game has a lot of mental benefits and it can help you hone your skills.
- Observation Skills – Since this game is played between 2 or more players, it becomes imperative for you to observe the opponent’s moves. You would want to notice what cards they are drawing and dropping to understand their move. This inevitably makes you observe your opponents keenly and thus improving your observation skills.
- Memory – If you know how to play deals rummy, you will agree with us that you have to memorize a lot of rules to ensure you are not disqualified. So this is indirectly helping you with the memorization skills. You also try to memorize the points of the cards you are holding to assess how well you are placed in the game.
- Improved Decision Making – A game of rummy constantly keeps you on your toes and tests your brainpower. You have to make a quick decision on what cards to drop and what cards to retain to make a sequence. Sometimes you have to make tricky decisions to inch forward towards winning the game.
- Analytical Skills – Analysis of the entire game is very important, especially once the game has been completed. You need to revisit the entire event in your mind and try to analyze what you could have done better to win the game and some things that you shouldn’t repeat in your next game.
- Focus- Throughout the game you need to maintain focus and ensure you maintain composure. This requires effort and self-discipline.
- Logical Reasoning skills – Players have to logically reason if the cards in the hand will yield valid sets, or the player needs to discard those and pick fresh ones to create a pure sequence. It’s a fast-paced game, and decisions have to be made quickly and logically otherwise you may end up holding the high point cards.
- Think and Act Fast With Tough Opponents – Few minutes into the game you can understand how easy or tough your opponents are. With tough competitors, you need to think fast and don’t give them any leads or slip-outs on your game.
Always trust only reputed names for playing the online rummy game. Some games involve you investing in the entry fee, like the pool rummy, while in some rummy variations you are given a fixed number of chips. Whatever, maybe the case, play wisely, if you think you don’t have chances to win, look at drop out when you are holding fewer point value cards. In the end, your judgment according to the situation matters.